Posted by Zach Hofer-Shall on May 31, 2011
After the longest winter I can remember, it's finally getting nice out in New England and it seems summer is finally around the corner. Along with the weather, the market's interest in social intelligence is heating up, too. I'm filling my days talking to marketers interested in using social media data to inform their business strategies.
As a result of this growing interest, I'm hitting the road in June to share my research. Along with a packed series of client and vendor visits, I have a few events coming up that I hope you can attend:
- On June 8th, I'll speak at MeasureUp — a conference dedicated to marketing measurement. My session is on "Social Network Analysis" and covers the theory and practice of understanding your customers through the combination of their online conversations with social network connections, all made possible through the customer database.
- On June 16th, I'll speak at the Vocus User Conference, in a session titled "Combining Public Relations With Customer Intelligence." In this talk, I'll speak about the different ways social media data is driving a revolution for the PR industry.
- On June 20th, I'll lead a session with Forrester's Customer Intelligence Leadership Board (our networking community of CI professionals) on new trends in customer influence. For this session, I'll share some of the data I showed at SXSW this spring and give a sneak peak at my upcoming research on identifying, measuring, and utilizing customer influence.
- On June 21st, I have a track session at Forrester's Customer Experience Forum. The session, "How Social Media Drives Consumer Understanding," will detail when and how to use online conversation to inform your view of your customer. I'll discuss best practices for using social data, how to combine it with other customer data sources, and the different ways companies do this today.
- And lastly, on June 23rd, I'll participate on a panel at the Enterprise 2.0 conference on "Big Data Analytics For Social Media." In this session, I'll debate the challenges of handling the rapidly multiplying force of social data, balanced with the growing necessity from the enterprise to access and manage this data.
It might not be the most relaxing start to the summer, but I'm excited to be out on the road to spread our social intelligence research. If you plan to attend any of these, let me know in the comments or on Twitter, and hopefully we can connect while there.
Search Forrester's Blogs
Forrester's CX Index
Predict how actions to improve CX will affect revenue performance.
Measure the customer experiences that matter most »
Free On-Demand and Live Events
Latest events from Forrester analysts, online and in person »