- Forrester Councils
- Councils Overview
- log in
Posted by Tom Pohlmann on June 5, 2009
by Tom Pohlmann
Forrester recently hosted our two flagship IT events—IT Forum 2009 in Las Vegas and Berlin. For those of you who couldn’t attend, I wanted to share one of our keynote presentations by Forrester’s Chairman & CEO George Colony. George discussed the challenges that will face CEOs coming out of the recession and how IT leaders can step up to the plate and support, and in some cases lead, these efforts.
George outlined the six imperatives that will hit CEOs as follows:
1. Digital will be mandatory: Move IT to BT.
2. Brand loyalty will decline: Enable BT to feed social
3. Customers will look very unfamiliar: Press ahead into new tech – swim in the Y Generation waters
4. The war for people will be intense: Build attractive internal systems
5. You will sell differently: Help marketing
6. The way you innovated will die: Internal tech should enable, not hinder partnerships.
See the full recording of this keynote below:
For more on the subject, please read George’s guest post on The Huffington Post. I’d love to hear your thoughts on how you are engaging with your CEO on these types of initiatives.
Lead BT Transformation
Develop customer-obsessed strategies to drive growth »
Forrester's CX Index
Predict how actions to improve CX will affect revenue performance.
Measure the customer experiences that matter most »
Free On-Demand and Live Events
Latest events from Forrester analysts, online and in person. »