Posted by Stephanie Balaouras on October 3, 2010
Here at Forrester, we like to eat our own dog food. Hot on the heels of the book launch of Empowered, Forrester has launched an online community for security and risk professionals. The community is a place for security and risk professionals to exchange ideas, opinions, and real-world solutions with each other. Forrester analysts will also be part of the community, helping facilitate the discussions and sharing their views.
The community is open to all security and risk professionals, whether you’re a Forrester client or not. Do you want to know if your peers plan to support new consumer mobile devices in the workplace? Do you want to know how your peers are promoting cyber awareness? You can post these and other questions, thoughts, and ideas to the community.
I’m excited to announce the launch of this community. At our recent Security Forum in Boston, the topic of better information sharing and collaboration — among security and risk professionals and between the public and private sector — came up on numerous occasions. In this new era of advanced threats from well-organized and well-funded crime and state sponsored agents, together with the rapid pace of innovation from mobile to social to cloud, I believe the active exchange of best practices and solutions is a critical need for the security community.
Here’s what else you’ll find in the community:
- A simple platform on which you can pose your questions and get advice from peers
- Insight from our analysts, who weigh in frequently on the issues.
- Fresh perspective from peers, who share their success stories and best practices.
- Content on the latest technologies and trends — from Forrester and other thought leaders.
I encourage you to become part of the community:
- Ask a tough question about a complex security or risk challenge.
- Start a discussion on an emerging trend that’s having an impact on your security posture.
- Contribute to an existing discussion thread from a community member — there are already several on topics from the security of Post-PC devices, to supporting Cyber Awareness to the morphing of IT Security into IT Risk Management.
- Suggest topics for upcoming Forrester research reports.
- Create a community profile.
- Share your perspective with others.
Click here to go to Forrester’s Online Community For Security & Risk Professionals and bookmark it for easy reference.
See you in the community!
Search Forrester's Blogs
Free Mobile Mind Shift Webinar Series
Learn how to win your customers' mobile moments in this three-part series »
Free On-Demand and Live Events
Latest events from Forrester analysts, online and in person. »