- log in
Posted by Srividya Sridharan on August 1, 2013
Buy analytics software, hire marketing scientists, and engage analytics consultants. Now wait for the magic of customer analytics to happen. Right?
Wrong. Building a successful customer analytics capability involves careful orchestration of several capabilities and requires customer insights (CI) professionals to answer some key questions about their current state of customer analytics:
- What is the level of importance given to customer analytics in your organization?
- Have you clearly defined where you will use the output of customer analytics?
- How is your analytics team structured and supported?
- How do you manage and process your customer data?
- Do you have clear line of sight between analytics efforts and business outcomes?
- What is the process of sharing insights from analytics projects?
- What type of technology do you need to produce, consume and activate analytics?
To help you understand where you are in your customer analytics journey, Forrester has developed a self-assessment tool to score analytics capabilities across six dimensions: strategy, organization, data, technology, process, and analytics and measurement. The results of the assessment will outline your analytics persona and determine whether you are an analytics rookie, a dabbler, a pro or a guru. Our latest report “It’s Time To Raise The Bar With Analytics”, which is a part of the Customer Analytics playbook, provides an interactive tool to determine your analytics persona and describes the characteristics of each persona in detail.
I encourage customer insights (CI) professionals to take the assessment and get a grasp of analytics strengths and weaknesses and more importantly identify opportunities for future investments. Look forward to discussing your results!
Search Forrester's Blogs
The dynamics that will shape the future in the age of the customer »
Planning for innovation and risk in the wake of Brexit »
Forrester's CX Index
Predict how actions to improve CX will affect revenue performance.
Measure the customer experiences that matter most »
- Brad Bortner (7)
- Brandon Purcell (7)
- Carlton Doty (20)
- Cinny Little (7)
- Emily Collins (20)
- Fatemeh Khatibloo (35)
- Gene Cao (19)
- James McCormick (8)
- Jennifer Belissent, Ph.D. (11)
- Joe Stanhope (35)
- Kristopher Arcand (2)
- Lori Wizdo (2)
- Marc Jacobson (1)
- Michael Barnes (9)
- Rob Brosnan (19)
- Rusty Warner (17)
- Srividya Sridharan (18)
- Tina Moffett (17)
- customer analytics (14)
- customer intelligence (11)
- Predictive analytics (7)
- Data mining (5)
- Predictive analytics / data mining (5)
- Advanced analytics (4)
- Analytics (3)
- customer insights (2)
- predictive analytics/data mining (2)
- Big Data; Advanced analytics; business intelligence (BI); analytics; Hadoop; data mining; predictive analytics; digital intelligence; customer analytics; insights platforms; insights services; insights-driven business; data management; artificial intellig (1)
- See all