Posted by Sam Stern on October 15, 2013
- Sequentially: starting a task on one device and seamlessly completing it on another. Data from Google shows that 90% of consumers who own more than one connected device have crossed devices in pursuit of their goals.
- Simultaneously: using two devices at the same time to “multitask for efficiency.” Despite overwhelming evidence that humans cannot really split their attention among multiple tasks, 82% of global consumers believe that multiscreening makes them more efficient, and they act on that belief.
- Key off of a digital experience strategy. The first step in creating the right digital customer experience is to develop a clear digital experience strategy. Companies are also hiring digital strategists to ensure that their digital visions evolve over time and that they guide decision-making about which projects and capabilities to prioritize.
- Hire and develop essential skills. Companies must acquire or train core capabilities needed to bring unified digital experiences to life. These skills aren't just limited to the core digital team and include more than just technical and design expertise. We see companies training their digital CX teams in soft skills like storytelling and facilitation and following Fidelity’s lead in training business stakeholders in design thinking.
- Take an ecosystem approach to digital resources. Ultimately, unified digital experiences will only result from aligning the ecosystem of people and partners responsible for the quality of the customer journey across digital touchpoints. Target maintains focus on key customer journeys and maintains continuity across devices by having one developer take the lead, regardless of how many devices are involved.
Search Forrester's Blogs
Watch This Free Webinar
2014 Mobile Trends And Key Takeaways From Mobile World Congress »
Your Customers Are Powerful
Learn how you can win in
The Age Of The Customer »
Transform Your Digital Business
Watch the free webinar »
- Adele Sage (22)
- Craig Menzies (5)
- Harley Manning (81)
- Joana van den Brink-Quintanilha (1)
- John Dalton (2)
- Jonathan Browne (22)
- Kerry Bodine (77)
- Maxie Schmidt-Subramanian (7)
- Megan Burns (27)
- Moira Dorsey (5)
- Paul Hagen (31)
- Ronald Rogowski (29)
- Sam Stern (9)
- Samantha Jaddou (3)
- Thomas Husson (1)
- Tony Costa (7)