- log in
Posted by Reineke Reitsma on September 10, 2009
[Posted by Reineke Reitsma]
- Global market research revenue grows to US $32 billion in 2008, representing a growth rate of 4.5% and 0.4% after adjustment for inflation
- Performance in North America is poor, with absolute growth of 1.5% and a decline of 2.1% after inflation
- Growth in Europe slows to 4.7% year-to-year and just 0.9% after inflation is factored in
- Asia Pacific region shows a softening in growth rates, to 6.3% year-to-year, and just 2.1% after inflation
- Latin America is the only region in which research actually grew at a higher rate than in 2007
The good news is that the industry still manages to show global growth in very challenging times. The bad news: most of us work in or with the US, which is responsible for nearly one third of all global marketing research revenue and is most impacted by the downturn.
Search Forrester's Blogs
Planning for innovation and risk in the wake of Brexit »
Forrester Insights for iPhone
Key research and data points when and where you need them »
Forrester's CX Index
Predict how actions to improve CX will affect revenue performance.
Measure the customer experiences that matter most »