As mobile becomes a critical component of your digital strategy and overall business, eBusiness professionals should have an answer when their executive teams ask, “Who does mobile commerce well?” Forrester has answered that question for you in our new report published today. Using a proprietary framework, we analyzed top retailers’ mobile experiences (sites and apps) and measured how well they addressed key challenges to mobile commerce sales and supported mobile-enabled commerce in other channels. We selected the best of the best for our review to highlight the strongest functionality and uncover cross-category best practices.
Our framework evaluates the strengths of these mobile phone websites and their corresponding apps across six elements:
- Findability. The ease of finding a mobile site or app altogether.
- Utility. How useful the site or app is for shoppers.
- Searchability. How well search and search functionality like predictive text works on mobile phones.
- Browsability. How easy it is to browse the retailer’s mobile site or app.
- Buyability. How easy and frictionless the buying process is on the mobile site or app.
- Overall design. The ease of navigating content on mobile sites and apps, as well as other mobile content that shoppers engage with including email and text messages.