Blogged in collaboration with Samantha Ngo, Senior Research Associate, serving Customer Insights professionals.
Even if you have a clear idea of where you want to end up, the route you take to customer loyalty isn't always straightforward. Outlining a strategic plan helps you understand what you need to do, but a roadmap identifies how, when and with what resources you should tackle each step. Forrester believes there are six components to designing an effective loyalty roadmap:
- Time frame: The expected completion of tasks and delivery of results.
- Desired outcomes: Key performance indicators (KPIs)that help you benchmark the performance of your advancing strategy based on your maturity.
- Strategic themes: A summary of the objectives an organization needs to advance its strategy.
- Key steps: The specific tasks — pulled straight from the strategic plan — which an organization must complete to graduate to the next maturity level.
- Dependencies: The people, process, and technology required to execute the key steps. Changes to the current approach may require acquiring new team members, implementing formal processes, or buying loyalty technology.
- Investment level: Where and when the allocated loyalty budget will be spent.