- log in
Posted by Mary Beth Kemp on July 15, 2008
In between long weekends and vacations, I'm kicking off work on a roadmap for change for agencies and advertisers. In it, I'll explore the following questions (and probably many more).
- How will agencies and marketers integrate emerging media channels - including consumers - and what impact will that have on how we define marketing?
- How does the evolution of TV change how we market?
- How would/could an agency's offer adapt to these changes and possibilities?
- Is evolution or revolution necessary? 'Who' is best-suited to change?
- What IP should agencies concentrate on developing? How does that impact their competitive set and business model?
- How should agencies embrace social media and what is their role?
- How can agencies balance integration and specialization?
- How would agencies' investment strategies evolve?
- What staff and skills are most needed?
I'd appreciate your help on this - perhaps too vast for summer - project. Of course, I'll continue to use this blog as a sounding board - so please respond and throw in your thoughts.
To kick off the discussion: what subjects are missing? Are there additional themes you'd be interested in us including ? Am I asking the right questions?
Secondly: would you like to participate more directly? If you are at an agency, or a client who works frequently with agencies, and would like to discuss your challenges and ideas with me; please send me email at email@example.com and I'll connect with you. But never fear, I'll be working on this well into the fall, so I'll avoid pinging you poolside.
Thanks for you help!