Posted by Julie M. Katz on December 21, 2006
Thanks, Pete, for the opportunity to introduce myself. Since I’ve never posted before, my life is a blank slate to readers. Here’s a snippet:
- I'm Julie Katz, one of the team’s two researchers. In this role, I manage our panels and marketing surveys, analyze quantitative and qualitative data, conduct research, and write. Send me an email or post a comment if you’re interested in:
- Joining our panels (interactive marketers, database marketers, B2B marketers, or general marketers)
- Taking our Benchmarking survey (covers measurement, emerging channels, and marketing technology -- currently in the field)
- Learning more about our panel-based research
- Before joining Forrester, I had a bunch of different interesting jobs/careers (five things right here) including:
- Shelving a lock of Charles Dickens’ hair, some slave manacles, and a Gutenberg Bible at Cornell’s Rare and Manuscript Library
- Conducting research on newborns and on Japanese adults at a psycholinguistics lab in Paris
- Raising money for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute where I met the original “Jimmy” of the Jimmy Fund
- Writing grant proposals on Holocaust education for Facing History and Ourselves
- Interviewing homeless mothers at the National Center on Family Homelessness.
- I survived a knife fight. On a trip to Morocco a couple years ago, my husband and I were stalked by two men in Casablanca. My husband used his soccer instincts to kick the men away – I just screamed. Luckily, this happened the last day of our trip – after we had followed a sketchy merchant into the depths of the medina in Fez to bargain for some pottery and an iron gate.
- As a sophomore in college, I invited Cornell’s new president to my apartment for dinner. We served him spaghetti and burnt garlic bread.
- I’d like to pursue my outside interests (cooking--my skills have improved considerably since college, travel, art, and yoga) but my 10-month old baby eats up all of my time – so I settle for reading blogs about them instead.
Pete already tagged the rest of the team, so I'll end my game of tag here.