- log in
Posted by Julie M. Katz on December 21, 2006
Thanks, Pete, for the opportunity to introduce myself. Since I’ve never posted before, my life is a blank slate to readers. Here’s a snippet:
- I'm Julie Katz, one of the team’s two researchers. In this role, I manage our panels and marketing surveys, analyze quantitative and qualitative data, conduct research, and write. Send me an email or post a comment if you’re interested in:
- Joining our panels (interactive marketers, database marketers, B2B marketers, or general marketers)
- Taking our Benchmarking survey (covers measurement, emerging channels, and marketing technology -- currently in the field)
- Learning more about our panel-based research
- Before joining Forrester, I had a bunch of different interesting jobs/careers (five things right here) including:
- Shelving a lock of Charles Dickens’ hair, some slave manacles, and a Gutenberg Bible at Cornell’s Rare and Manuscript Library
- Conducting research on newborns and on Japanese adults at a psycholinguistics lab in Paris
- Raising money for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute where I met the original “Jimmy” of the Jimmy Fund
- Writing grant proposals on Holocaust education for Facing History and Ourselves
- Interviewing homeless mothers at the National Center on Family Homelessness.
- I survived a knife fight. On a trip to Morocco a couple years ago, my husband and I were stalked by two men in Casablanca. My husband used his soccer instincts to kick the men away – I just screamed. Luckily, this happened the last day of our trip – after we had followed a sketchy merchant into the depths of the medina in Fez to bargain for some pottery and an iron gate.
- As a sophomore in college, I invited Cornell’s new president to my apartment for dinner. We served him spaghetti and burnt garlic bread.
- I’d like to pursue my outside interests (cooking--my skills have improved considerably since college, travel, art, and yoga) but my 10-month old baby eats up all of my time – so I settle for reading blogs about them instead.
Pete already tagged the rest of the team, so I'll end my game of tag here.
Search Forrester's Blogs
The dynamics that will shape the future in the age of the customer »
Planning for innovation and risk in the wake of Brexit »
Forrester's CX Index
Predict how actions to improve CX will affect revenue performance.
Measure the customer experiences that matter most »
- Brad Bortner (7)
- Brandon Purcell (7)
- Carlton Doty (20)
- Cinny Little (7)
- Emily Collins (20)
- Fatemeh Khatibloo (35)
- Gene Cao (19)
- James McCormick (8)
- Jennifer Belissent, Ph.D. (11)
- Joe Stanhope (35)
- Kristopher Arcand (2)
- Lori Wizdo (2)
- Marc Jacobson (1)
- Michael Barnes (9)
- Rob Brosnan (19)
- Rusty Warner (17)
- Srividya Sridharan (18)
- Tina Moffett (17)