Posted by Joseph Stanhope on August 4, 2010
I'm pleased to have published new research this week. "Demonstrate Marketing Accountability with Effective Dashboards" is a companion report to "The Marketing Accountability Index." Customer Intelligence (CI) professionals are under intensifying pressure to demonstrate accountability and results to support the case for continued marketing investments, and Forrester's marketing accountability framework provides a structural guideline for meeting these challenges. Marketing dashboards help address one key tenet of marketing accountability — the transparent communication of results.
The report discusses how CI pros can leverage dashboards to bring marketing accountability to life through:
- Visibility. Dashboards drive insights into the organization, providing context and tying together disparate information.
- User-specific content. Dashboards are not a one-size-fits-all proposition and should be tailored to the needs of users.
- Appropriate measures of success. Metrics and schedules form the KPI currency of dashboards.
Also, I will also be on a panel discussion covering marketing dashboards in October at eMetrics in Washington, DC; see below for more details. I couldn't have planned it better myself!
This reminds me that now is the perfect time to give you my calendar of upcoming events for the next three months. It's going to be a very fun — and busy — few weeks. If you're going to be at any of these events, please let me know!
- Week of August 16
- Alterian Engaging Times Summit in Chicago, IL
- NEW! Week of September 13
- Google Analytics Partner Summit in Mountain View, CA
- Week of September 20
- Xchange Web Analytics Conference in Monterey, CA
- Week of October 4
- eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit in Washington, DC
- Week of October 18
- Webtrends Engage 2010 in London, UK
- Week of October 25
Search Forrester's Blogs
Free On-Demand and Live Events
Latest events from Forrester analysts, online and in person »