- log in
Posted by Ian Fogg on September 24, 2009
- Integration with social networks for an online address book and content sharing.
- Combination mobile handset + 360.com cloud service strategy.
- Single sign-on for customers or non-Vodafone customers. 360.com website available to both.
- Deep handset integration: two new Linux LIMO handsets with "full fat" experience (made by Samsung). Lesser version pre-loaded onto a number of Symbian Series 60 handsets, downloads and other versions available for around 100 handsets.
- Also includes an App store, new mobile web portal, music service, and maps service.
I'm working on a quicktake report. But this is such a major initiative with wide ranging scope, that I'm extremely curious in what others think? Specifically:
- How well positioned are operators to implement a social strategy with such deep handset integration, compared with handset makers, or the Internet social networks themselves?
- Was Nokia's OVI initiative a lightning rod that distracted many from other handset maker initiatives in this space? (Like Motorola's Motoblur, HTC Sense, Google & Android, Microsoft Myphone, or Apple's MobileMe?)
- Is 360 a better umbrella name than "Vodafone Live!" ?
- Thoughts on how well 360 fits with Vodafone's new corporate tag line, "Power to you" ?
Comment below! I'm here and will reply as appropriate.
Search Forrester's Blogs
Planning for innovation and risk in the wake of Brexit »
Blog: Go fast or go home
Why fast is the new normal for business technology strategy »
Forrester's CX Index
Predict how actions to improve CX will affect revenue performance.
Measure the customer experiences that matter most »
- Adam Silverman (1)
- Ashutosh Sharma (1)
- Boris Evelson (1)
- David Johnson (1)
- Eveline Oehrlich (3)
- Frank Gillett (1)
- Frank Liu (1)
- Joana van den Brink-Quintanilha (1)
- Joe Galuszka (1)
- John Kindervag (1)
- Julie Ask (2)
- Kyle McNabb (1)
- Laura Koetzle (5)
- Martin Gill (1)
- Randy Heffner (1)
- Robert Stroud (2)
- Rowan Curran (3)
- Satish Meena (1)
- Sharyn Leaver (1)
- Stephanie Balaouras (2)