Posted by Emily Riley on June 20, 2011
Guest post by Sarah Glass (@sarahsglass).
For this week's #IMChat -- a weekly tweet jam hosted by the interactive marketing team at Forrester -- we’re tackling the oft overlooked challenges of B2B email. Email marketing consistently acts as a revenue work horse for B2C as well as B2B companies. But our research shows that compared to B2C, B2B companies are less likely to use email, adopt common best practices, or increase funding of existing programs. Joining the tweet jam to help me (@sarahsglass) discuss the challenges B2B marketers face is Kristin Hambelton (@KMHambelton), vice president of marketing, Neolane.
To participate, just follow the #IMChat hashtag at 2:00 p.m. If you’d like to learn more about the rules of engagement, visit this community discussion on The Forrester Community For Interactive Marketing Professionals. To read some past archives, visit the documents section of the same community.
Here are some of the questions we'll discuss during the tweet jam:
- What are the common pitfalls of B2B marketing?
- How are deliverability concerns different for B2B marketers versus B2C marketers?
- How does B2B email fit into the buying life cycle?
- How are you segmenting your B2B emails to make them most relevant to your users?
- What measurement techniques are you using to track lead generation?