- Forrester Councils
- Councils Overview
- log in
Posted by Patti Freeman Evans on January 19, 2010
A few key thoughts about the recent NRF Big Show in NYC last week:
1. It was big – over 15,000 attendees, which puts it back in the realm of record years of 2007 and 2008.
2. It was optimistic – conversations were rampant about "How can I get up and running on the projects I put on hold last year?" Attendees were very interested in making investments to grow their businesses, not just get through the slowdown.
3. It was forward-looking – attendees and presentations talked about the future, not about the past (very typical of retail in my experience).
The great news is that we in the Marketing Strategry Group at Forrester have outlined the key themes for 2010:
• Invest in social media now for long-term benefits
• Everyone needs a mobile strategy in 2010
• Get serious about building multichannel customer relationships
Specifically in eBusiness we will include additional reports on other key topics –