- Forrester Councils
- Councils Overview
- log in
Posted by Christine Overby on January 3, 2007
Thanks for the tag, Pete! The more of these that I read, the longer I put this off. How can my life compete with knife fights in Moracco and killer golf handicaps (just kidding Julie and Laura)?!?!
But in the spirit of good fun, here are 5 facts about me:
1. I have unusually long arms. Did you know that most people have a "wingspan" -- the distance between your middle fingertips with your arms outstretched -- that's roughly equivalent to their height? Well, if I were as tall as my wingspan long, then I would be over 6' (I'm 5'8"). This is an endless source of amusement for friends, especially when I wear sleeveless shirts. One calls me Stretch Armstrong. [Sigh.]
2. I have a nerdy obsession with food writing. Not cookbooks and restaurant reviews, but hard core stuff from Harold McGee, MFK Fisher, and Brillat-Savarin. I also like to make a mess in the kitchen, but don't ask me to replicate dishes since I never measure and always second-guess recipe ingredients (the analyst in me, I guess).
3. There is a legitimate, fully functioning snake pit outside my bedroom. No kidding. Two years ago, my husband and I bought an old and quirky New Orleans shotgun house. One of the previous owners kept snakes for the Audubon Zoo. He built a 4'x12' exhibit for his giant boa. It has a 4' deep pit on one side and running water. We don't keep snakes it it. Just our hurricane shutters.
4. My first car was a burnt orange Pontiac Phoenix. It had a hatchback that made it look very round. It's nickname was the "Flying Tomato". I think that my teenage ego couldn't take it, because I wrecked the car 2 weeks after I got it. I didn't own a car again until I was 26.
5. I am the oldest and only girl with three younger brothers. I am just smitten with them - they are such good people. Two of them served in Iraq last year, and we're so happy to have them home safe.