Posted by Christopher Stutzman on August 5, 2010
Once a consultant, always a consultant.
Having spent my entire 15-year career in the “advice giving” industry, between management consulting and advertising, I have found that the best advice is pragmatic, forward-thinking, grounded in research, and relevant to your needs. Relevance being the most important ingredient.
And the best way for me to provide relevant advice is to listen to your needs.
So the purpose of my blog will be as much about understanding the issues and concerns of CMOs and Marketing Leaders as it will be about providing advice.
Coverage areas and topics I’m interested in.
Speaking of relevance, here are the topics that are relevant to me:
- I’ll be primarily focused on helping CMOs and Marketing Leadership Professionals create the new brand experience. In order to create the new brand experience, I will be challenging the standard assumptions about brand strategy, positioning, and integrated marketing strategy. That means I will be taking a broad look across the entire marketing mix to create new synergies between the Product, Price, Place, and Promotion. In particular, I will focus on helping marketers leverage emerging digital trends, capabilities, and technologies to enable the new brand experience.
- Secondarily, I will be focusing on helping marketers optimize their agency relationships to create the new brand experience – whether through brainstorming, benchmarking, digital thought leadership, consumer insights, digital strategies, or even agency selection.
- Finally, I will be focusing on helping marketers adapt their organization so they can deliver the new brand experience.
What you can expect from my blog.
It’s a place where we will:
- Ask a lot of questions and challenge the status quo
- Vent about what’s keeping you up at night
- Test out new research topics, frameworks, and ideas
- Offer behind the scenes access to insights and trends that haven’t been formally published in reports
Help me to help you.
So, what questions are you grappling with right now as you think about creating the new brand experience for 2011 and beyond?
Thank you and please come back often and participate in the conversation. I’ll be listening.
Search Forrester's Blogs
Free On-Demand and Live Events
Latest events from Forrester analysts, online and in person »