Forrester just released a new report, “The State Of Mobile Technology Adoption.” The report will allow eBusiness professionals to benchmark their annual spending, mobile services, and approach to building mobile services among their peers in North America and Europe.
One of the biggest takeaways from the research is that eBusiness professionals lack the funding they need to build mobile services, integrate mobile services with their back-end infrastructure, and build out teams with the right skills in-house. Consider that:
· 56% of eBusiness professionals spend less than $500K annually on their mobile services.
· Only 24% spend more than $1M – the base level for a good native application and mobile website.
From a technology standpoint:
· 40% are building applications in-house, with 12% licensing a platform to do so.
· 62% are building mobile websites in-house, with 46% relying on their IT team directly.
· 68% have native applications – far more than are using hybrid applications (most of the budgets would have to be here to fund these efforts).