Posted by Carlton Doty on December 15, 2011
Over the summer, I asked you all whether we are finally headed toward a cashless society. Since then the battle for the digital wallet has certainly heated up. Well today, I am thrilled to announce the newest addition to Forrester's Consumer Product Strategy practice. Her name is Denée Carrington, and she will be joining us as a Senior Analyst, covering consumer payments, starting January 3, 2012.
To provide more specifics, here's a sneak peek at some of the coverage areas where Denée will be able to help Forrester clients with consumer payment strategy in the new year:
- Defining the future of consumer payments
- Managing a portfolio of payment products (e.g. credit, debit, prepaid, contactless, mobile, person-to-person (P2P), etc.)
- The business models and profitability of these payment systems
- Understanding the dynamics of customer (consumer and merchant) payment behavior
- Understanding the payments needs of different markets
- Sizing the different payments market opportunities
- Driving customer (consumer and merchant) adoption of payments systems
- Building and developing new payment systems
- Optimizing existing payment products to improve security and increase convenience
Denée joins us from American Express, where she has held several senior-level positions spanning product development, mobile strategy, and digital strategy for payment products and member rewards over the past seven years. Her 20-year career also spans management consulting and senior marketing roles for major consumer brands like Starbucks and AT&T.
So, please join me in welcoming Denée to the team, and keep an eye out for her first stream of research in the coming months!
Search Forrester's Blogs
How Can You Master Big Data? »
B2B Marketers Must Embrace Digital Business »