- Forrester Councils
- Councils Overview
- log in
Posted by Boris Evelson on March 31, 2010
By Boris Evelson
In-memory analytics are all abuzz for multiple reasons. Speed of querying, reporting and analysis is just one. Flexibility, agility, rapid prototyping is another. While there are many more reasons, not all in-memory approaches are created equal. Let’s look at the 5 options buyers have today:
1. In-memory OLAP. Classic MOLAP cube loaded entirely in memory
Vendors: IBM Cognos TM1, Actuate BIRT
2. In-memory ROLAP. ROLAP metadata loaded entirely in memory.
3. In memory inverted index. Index (with data) loaded into memory
Vendors: SAP BusinessObjects (BI Accelerator), Endeca
4. In memory associative index. An array/index with every entity/attribute correlated to every other entity/attribute
Vendors: QlikView, TIBCO Spotfire, SAS JMP, Advizor Solutions (also OEMd by Information Builders)
5. In memory spreadsheet. Spreadsheet like array loaded entirely into memory
Vendors: Microsoft (PowerPivot)
What did I miss and what did I get wrong - comments?
Lead BT Transformation
Develop customer-obsessed strategies to drive growth »
Forrester's CX Index
Predict how actions to improve CX will affect revenue performance.
Measure the customer experiences that matter most »