Posted by Benjamin Ensor on March 15, 2011
[With apologies to all those of you who had already read this, I'm re-publishing this as the Forrester gremlins ate my previous post.]
For the past few years, many eBusiness and channel strategy executives in financial services have had a nagging sense that today's websites would be rendered obsolete as new technologies emerged or younger consumers developed radically different behaviour patterns. We think that time if fast coming upon us.
For the past six months we've been working on our vision of the Next Generation of Digital Financial Services, led by my colleague Alexander Hesse and inspired by the work of leading eBusiness teams worldwide. Although our vision is not an exact description of how all digital financial services will evolve, given the wide variety of markets that eBusiness executives operate in and the different strategies of their firms, we think the next generation of digital financial services will be characterized by five things:
- Simplicity. Making it easy for customers to achieve their goals.
- Ubiquity. Interacting with customers wherever they want.
- Personalization. Making the entire experience relevant to individual needs.
- Empowerment. Enabling customers to take action by themselves.
- Reassurance. Providing human help whenever it adds value.
The full report is available for Forrester clients here.
Do you agree with our five characteristics? Which firms do you think have the leading digital financial services today? What do you think eBusiness executives need to do to ensure that their firms stay relevant to customers' rising expectations of what can be delivered through digital channels?
I look forward to your perpective.
Related Forrester Research
- Case Study: How Commonwealth Bank Of Australia Redesigned The Secure Site For Sales
- Case Study: BBVA's Tú Cuentas Shows What Next-Generation Online Banking Will Look Like
- Case Study: Royal Bank Of Canada Provides A Blueprint For A Next-Generation Sales Site
- Next-Generation Digital Financial Services
Search Forrester's Blogs
How Should Financial Institutions Embrace Mobile? »
Four Citizen-Driven Imperatives Governments Must Embrace »
- Adam Silverman (12)
- Andy Hoar (16)
- Benjamin Ensor (37)
- Bill Doyle (6)
- Carrie Johnson (23)
- Catherine Graeber (1)
- Denée Carrington (8)
- Ellen Carney (22)
- Julie Ask (134)
- Katyayan Gupta (2)
- Lily Varon (2)
- Martin Gill (50)
- Michelle Beeson (6)
- Oliwia Berdak (9)
- Patti Freeman Evans (22)
- Peter Mueller (1)
- Peter Sheldon (37)
- Peter Wannemacher (24)
- Stephen Walker (4)
- Sucharita Mulpuru (58)
- Vanessa Zeng (6)
- Vikram Sehgal (1)
- Zia Daniell Wigder (70)